Audit Lead Accountant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audit, review, and compilation of construction clients and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit and review projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Execute fieldwork and manage engagement budgets and production goals.
- Provide clients with accounting and financial reporting guidance while gaining knowledge and understanding of a client’s business.
- Prepare financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license-(will accept CPA candidate for qualified applicant)
- Three to Five years experience working in a public accounting firm leading construction audits
- A proven record of managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Knowledge of accounting software including QuickBooks, Thompson Reuters CS Professional products: UltraTax CS, Engagement CS, Fixed Asset CS and File Cabinet CS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- 401k after one year, company match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Sick leave
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Audit of Construction Clients: 3+ years
Hughes & Company, LLC is an established Certified Public Accountant firm in the heart of Denver. We proudly served clients throughout the Rocky Mountain region and the United States. It is our goal to provide our clients with professional, top-tier accounting and business advisory services. We are experts in the accounting industry and cater to a wide array of businesses, from small businesses, to closely held corporations, high net worth individuals, non-profit organizations and a variety of construction industry businesses. It is our goal to treat every client relationship as a partnership, working closely with our clients to help them define and meet their business and profit goals.
If you feel you meet the minimum requirements and this position is right for you, please send a cover letter and resume with your salary requirements to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time exempt status